I’m sure I’m not the only one counting down the last days of the existence of Cadillac Ranch. Boy, but it’s been one heck of a run. I find myself of two minds. I know they’ve said they’ll reopen with a different concept, and I’m looking forward to seeing what that will be, but there’s no doubt that the Cadillac Ranch as we know it will soon cease to exist. I feeling a sense of loss about that permeating everything. Gotta love change – it’s pretty constant.
I’ve been looking at and speaking with other dance halls and have found a place to dance on Tuesdays and Fridays. We’re going to try an evening at each and see how it goes, and then decide about continuing dance nights at each location. We’ll dance lines AND couples at the American Legion Post 1231 in Lake in the Hills on Tuesday, March 29th, and at the American Legion Post 75 in Geneva on Friday, April 8th. Flyers are attached in a PDF format and are also posted on the Dance With Janet Facebook page.
Finally, if you danced on the Cadillac Ranch Dance Team, would you please wear your dance team shirts anytime you’ll be attending the ranch on this last week? Those shirts will truly be collectible items very shortly, and it will be good to see them one last time.
A Summary of Dance Details:
- Again, TONIGHT IS THE LAST TUESDAY NIGHT AT CADILLAC RANCH! As you know, the Ranch is closing as of 3/27/16. I will be there teaching lessons tonight, and my last night will be FRIDAY 3/25. If you’ve been waiting to try this place out, NOW is the time! I will see you there.
- Our next Warrenville Dances are SATURDAY, April 2nd (7-10 pm) & SUNDAY, April 10th (6-9 pm) at the Warrenville Community Building, 3S240 Warren Ave. Saturday’s dance will be all lines; couples are always welcome to dance around the perimeter ($5 cover includes 2 line dance lessons, at 7:30 & 8:30; you’re welcome to bring snacks). Dance alternating sets of Couples and Lines at Sunday Nite Country on the 10th ($5 admission; dinner served from 5:30 – 7 for an additional $5).
- Friday morning’s St. Charles class will meet at the Salvation Army this Thursday at 1 pm instead of Friday at 10 am, in observance of Good Friday.
- Warrenville’s Saturday 5 pm class will meet for the last time on 4/9/16. We WILL NOT MEET 3/26 or 4/2. If you have any unused punches on your punch card, please use them up before then, as this class at this time will no longer be offered after 4/9
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the THOUSANDS who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/
dancewithjanet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page.
- Please return your DWJ Cruise surveys to me ASAP as planning for next year’s event has already begun, and I would like your input! We will be announcing a POST-CRUISE PARTY soon – BUT the party will be after the next trip has been planned, so if you would like to vote on next year, SEND ME YOUR SURVEYS!!!!
See you on the dance floor!