Every time I dance “Cruisin” to the Beach Boys’ song, I sing along, don’t you? C’mon, let’s cruise, you’ve got nothing to lose…except the BEST time of your life!!! It’s ready, it’s live, and it’s HAPPENING next February 18th! Don’t miss the floating dance convention on the 3rd Annual Dance With Janet Cruise 2017!
The details have been finalized! Check out all the juicy details & book your cabin at www.dancewithjanet.com/
In other news, I spoke with DJ Dave yesterday from the former Cadillac Ranch. He and DJ Jim (from Fridays) were notified by the management that they will not be brought back when the bar reopens. Lucky Star’s concept will be freestyle dancing with bands; no lessons or organized (meaning line or couples) dancing will be included. Dave will continue DJ’ing at his dances on the first Sundays of the month at the Elgin VFW on Weld Road. As for me…I enjoyed my years of Tuesdays and Fridays at Cadillac Ranch, but will be spending the upcoming ones elsewhere:
- TONIGHT we’ll have a floor for line dancing and a separate floor for couples at the West Chicago VFW 6791
- This Tuesday, April 19th, and every 1st & 3rd Tuesdays we’ll dance at the Wheaton VFW Post 2164. The ambiance is delightful there!
- On Tuesday, April 26th, we’ll dance at the Lake In The Hills American Legion Post 1231
- Starting May 10th, and continuing every 2nd & 4th Tuesdays, we’ll dance at the Elgin American Legion Post 57 (NOT the VFW where DJ Dave holds his monthly Sunday dances).
- Our next Warrenville Dances are SATURDAY, April 16th (7-10 pm) & SUNDAY, April 24th (6-9 pm) at the Warrenville Community Building, 3S240 Warren Ave. Saturday’s dance will follow our new format of 4 – 5 lines/3 couples, based on who is in attendance. As previously stated, we are encouraging lines AND couples dancing at all the dances from now on. $5 cover includes 2 line dance lessons, at 7:30 & 8:30; you’re welcome to bring snacks. Dance alternating sets of Couples and Lines at Sunday Nite Country following the format of the Stampede on the 10th ($5 admission; dinner served from 5:30 – 7 for an additional $5), and will be PRECEDED BY 2 HOURS OF COUPLES LESSONS BY JULIE & DON OR LINE DANCE LESSONS BY YOURS TRULY, from 3 – 5:15. I will be teaching dances we will be performing (for a list, see www.dancewithjanet.com/
calendar – scroll down to the red performance calendar)
- Warrenville’s Saturday class has moved to Thursdays at 7 pm. Any unused punches on your punch card can be applied to the Thursday class, which my daughter Kat Warner will teach
- We’ll be performing AMERICAN POP Saturday, April 30th, at 1 pm at Hubble Middle School. Please wear your DWJ shirt and blue jeans. Call is 12:30 on the stage.
- ***NEW!*** On APRIL 30th, we’ll be dancing from 7 – 10 pm at a SPECIAL venue: Fermilab’s Kuhn Barn! Stay tuned for more, and save the date!!!
- Friday’s St. Charles class on May 20th will meet at St. Mark’s Lutheran Church instead of the Salvation Army
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the THOUSANDS who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/
dancewithjanet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new!
- All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page.
See you on the dance floor!