Thank you all for dancing with me and the rest of the Dance With Janet team this past weekend! Jeff always enjoys DJ’ing for us and seeing all of you; he especially enjoys your ending poses, which you practice SO well!! We always have a blast and dance a lot, no matter the size of the group, and that’s what it’s all about. We dance the new line dances I’ve introduced as well as the older ones, and gab with each other all evening long. I love every part of it, and it’s great to see you do too!! We’ve been at Tequila Roadhouse for the last FOUR Fridays, and somewhere else every Saturday, so we’re keeping busy dancing our feet off!!! **Please join us on Tuesday 12/18 from 7-10 for our Christmas party at the Wheaton VFW, and on Friday 12/21 from 7-10 for another BRIDGE dance & Christmas party at the Geneva American Legion.** We’ll dance to SOME Christmas songs, but not all. Feel free to bring a snack if you’d like too. Fun, fun!!
I realize there’s a LOT going on this holiday season. Check out these important Dance Details which you need to know for the rest of 2018:
- DWJ will be closed Christmas & New Year’s weeks. As of right now, we are planning on dancing on Friday December 28th at Tequila Roadhouse (920 E. Roosevelt Rd., West Chicago), but that’s all that’s on the schedule (NO CLASSES). Christmas and New Year’s Day are both on Tuesdays, so that means no dancing at the VFW on those days (that’s a no brainer, huh?). Tuesdays resume on January 8th. Enjoy this holiday season with your friends and family!!
- I’ve decided to extend the sale on lessons thru the end of the year. Use the code DWJHOLIDAY2018 to save 30%. Videos of line dance and couples lessons are a perfect Christmas gift, to yourself OR someone else!! I’m constantly amazed at how many people have always wanted to dance, but never knew who could teach them. TaDA!!! Plus, all DVD volumes are available on FLASH DRIVES as well
- Another holiday promotion this season: Load $100 on your Dance With Janet gift card and receive FREE admission to TWO dances, instead of the normal ONE which is complimentary when you put $70 on a gift card. You will need to do this in person with us if you currently have a card.
- DWJ eGift cards are also available! Click on the eGfit Card link at the top of the page on the http://www.dancewithjanet.
com/products page. What a convenient gift for someone you may not see regularly! Load $100 on the Dance With Janet eGift card and gift FREE admission to TWO dances, instead of the normal ONE which is normally gifted with a $70 gift card. You will need to load $114 on the card and then enter DWJ2FREE in the coupon field. 2 dances ($14) will then be deducted from your total dollar amount due, but will still be on the card. Here’s the link: https://squareup.com/gift/V5Z381R15G8YM/order
- We are less than 90 days away from sailing on the 4th Annual Dance With Janet Cruise. You may check in online now!!! I’m very excited, as this is the 4th cruise I’m hosting, and I’ve worked out all the kinks. It’s really going to be the BEST cruise ever!! If you’d still like to attend, I have 2 wild card spots still available at the group rate for an inside room (the least expensive option at $722 for a 10-day, 9-night, all-meals-included trip). Take a look at all the details at www.dancewithjanet.com/
cruise2019, and let me know if you’d like to join us! Our final Pre-Cruise Party is FEBRUARY 10th at Karen’s house; please save the date!!
- Sometimes www.dancewithjanet.com doesn’t display well on cell phones. Rotate your phone sideways to get the mobile view to cooperate better
- You may have noticed a price increase in the park district brochures for DWJ line and couples dance classes in 2019. A six-week session of classes used to be $45/resident rate ($7.50 per class) and it’s moving to $50/resident rate ($8.33/class). Likewise, the drop-in rate is increasing from $7/class to $8/class, as are the dance admission prices. I’ve been trying to keep prices down for you as best I can, but these changes must be made to keep up with increased costs across the board. I’m extra committed to provide you with new, exciting dances you will enjoy and experiences to make it worth it for you!! New rates go into effect on January 1st, 2019
- I’m compiling a list of people in the dance community who have special skills, like plumbers, dog groomers, etc. I’m not the only one who would like to “keep the money” in the family, so to speak, so if you are in the Chicagoland area, have a skill set, and would like to be on this list, please contact me with your information (for example, I’m a bookkeeper by trade). When dancers need to hire out someone to fix an electrical problem, they’d rather pay a dancer who is an electrician. Thanks!
Regarding changes in this week’s classes:
- Hanover Park’s class meets today 12/17 in Downey Hall. This will be our last class of the year due to the holidays. Downey Hall is the building directly south of the building where we usually meet. The substitute room is carpeted, so please plan your footwear accordingly
- I’ll be teaching TWO FREE CLASSES TONIGHT 12/17 in the Zone (downstairs in the Wheaton Community Center, 1777 S. Blanchard Rd. in Wheaton). If you’ve ever wanted to sample one of my classes, or have a class to make up, now is the time to do so. Please join me! ALL are welcome; Merry Christmas!
- Beginner 1-2: 5:30 – 6:45 pm
- Intermediate: 7:00 – 8:30 pm
- Wheaton’s Wednesday evening classes will not meet 12/19; the session ended last week on 12/12. My apologies for the error in the brochure
- Thursday’s 12/20 DanceAttics class will meet in the Zone in the Wheaton Community Center on 12/20 ONLY, from 5:45 – 7:00 pm.
- Butterfield Park District’s class WILL MEET 12/20; classes have been extended to make up the missed class on 12/6
That will do!! Remember to pace yourself this season, and take time to enjoy it. Merry Christmas!