L-R: Eli with my younger daughter Kat (Indiana) & newly married David and Jessa Henry (Kentucky)
I celebrated Christmas this past Saturday – BEFORE Christmas – for the first time ever. It was only possible to get my daughters together with everyone on a weekend, due to the length of the drive to the Chicagoland area. Although it was wonderful to see them, it will be a huge change to not have them around on Christmas Day. This will be the first Christmas in my life where I won’t be with my family. It’s going to be a quiet December 25th this year, and I’m a little apprehensive.
My daughters were very sweet as we discussed the logistics of their lives, and I agree; this decision was logical. And although everything has been going seamlessly, I still feel myself internally resist this new normal, because it is different and is pulling me out of my comfort zone. Ah, life…life which is growth and change by its very definition. I am getting older, and I hadn’t realized how set in my ways I’d become.
It’s hard to be flexible, no matter how many times I say I am. But that’s ok…I’m only human, as are we all.Emoji It will be ok; things have a way of working out. Sometimes the road to peace and tranquility has more twists and turns than we’d like, but if we keep driving on it, we’ll get there eventually. Difficult, honest conversations which encourage or require changed behavior are rough, as are the new actions, but it’s all necessary for harmonious, healthy relationships.
So I’ll do what needs to be done, and change, even regarding the Christmas schedule. “Every little thing is gonna be all right,” just like the song says.Emoji
A quick reminder of the 2018 Dance Details:
- DWJ will be closed Christmas & New Year’s weeks. Our final dance of the year will be Friday December 28th at Tequila Roadhouse (920 E. Roosevelt Rd., West Chicago). The regular schedule resumes on Monday January 7th
- Use code DWJHOLIDAY2018 to save 30% on lessons thru the end of the year; visit http://www.dancewithjanet.com/products
- Load $100 on your Dance With Janet gift card and receive FREE admission to TWO dances
- DWJ eGift cards are also available at https://squareup.com/gift/V5Z381R15G8YM/order
- Check in online for the Dance With Janet Cruise now!!! Take a look at all the details at www.dancewithjanet.com/cruise2019. Save 2/10/19 for our final Pre-Cruise Party at Karen’s house
- Prices increase to $8/class or dance on January 1st, 2019
Thank you for taking classes with me and the rest of the DWJ Teaching Team, Cathy, Karen, Cathie, Julie, Bonnie, & Pam. We enjoyed our time with you and look forward to dancing more with you in 2019! Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year’s celebration, and we’ll see you again for classes the week of January 7th!!