Never underestimate the power of The Grapevine – meaning, I’m sure most of you have heard of the changes at Cadillac Ranch. This affects Fridays and Saturdays, and may be upsetting. Please, try to make the best of this situation. Life is change, and we won’t like all of it. The key is to keep a positive attitude and not complain about things we cannot change.
Saturday lessons at Cadillac Ranch have been placed on hiatus during the rest of the winter of 2016. It’s possible they may return in the spring of 2016; we will have to see what management decides. This means Julie & Don and Randy (couples instructors), as well as DTLD (line dance instructors), will NOT be teaching on Saturdays at the Ranch until further notice, but the Ranch WILL be open for dancing at the regular time of 7 pm. Julie & Don are teaching couples’ lessons in Warrenville on Tuesdays now (call 630-393-7279 for details); I don’t know about the other instructors’ schedules. Personally, I’m disappointed in this decision, as the Ranch is one of the few country dance venues still supporting couples dancing, and lessons are valuable. I’m hopeful that this is a temporary state.
Regarding Fridays at Cadillac Ranch:
- The Ranch will no longer be hosting live bands
- Starting 1/29/16, the Ranch will open at 7 pm, and I will teach lessons at 7:30, 8:30, &9:30 (we’re returning to the original schedule)
- Beginning 1/29/16, a $3 cover charge will be charged at the door
Please note these changes. While not as major as Saturday’s changes, they are still important. Kudos to Ranch management for giving us notice.
AGAIN – I encourage you to see the positives in these situations. It’s SO easy to see the negative side, but “LIKE BREEDS LIKE”!! If you speak negatively, you attract negativity. Instead, let’s look for the good that will appear – because WE WILL FIND WHAT WE LOOK FOR! And remember – we still have a place to dance at our favorite club!
It will be ok.
- I teach at Cadillac Ranch (www.cadranch.com) on TUESDAYS & FRIDAYS. TONIGHT, FRIDAY 1/22, I’ll be teaching KICK THE DUST UP, COOLER THAN ME, & GHOST TRAIN. Doors open at 6 and we’ll start lessons & open dancing as soon as y’all get there! Cadillac Ranch is no longer presenting live bands on Fridays. TUESDAY 1/26,lessons are I LOVE THIS LIFE at 7:30 & LITTLE RED BOOK at 8:30. See you there!!
- Starting NEXT FRIDAY 1/29/16, the Ranch will open on Fridays at 7 pm with lessons at 7:30, 8:30, & 9:30, plus a $3 cover charge.
- Our next Warrenville Dances are THIS SUNDAY, January 24th (6-9 pm), & SATURDAY, February 6th (7-10 pm), at the Warrenville Community Building, 3S240 Warren Ave. Dance alternating sets of Couples and Lines at Sunday Nite Country on the 24th ($5 admission; dinner served from 5:30 – 7 for $5) Saturday’s dance will be all lines; couples are always welcome to dance around the perimeter ($5 cover includes 2 line dance lessons, at 7:30 & 8:30; you’re welcome to bring snacks).
- CLASSES HAVE RESUMED! I teach SIXTEEN classes a week, and host THREE dances per week. You have TONS of options to Dance With Janet! My entire schedule can be found at www.dancewithjanet.com/
- The Thursday 1 pm St. Charles class which meets at the Salvation Army building has MOVED TO FRIDAY at the same location at 10 am
- Warrenville’s Saturday 5 pm class will meet for the last time on 4/9/16. If you have any unused punches on your punch card, please use them up before then, as this class at this time will no longer be offered after 4/9
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the THOUSANDS who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/ dancewithjanet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos are posted to my Facebook page.
- The Dance With Janet Cruise is SOLD OUT.
- Email me your flight arrangements so we can co-ordinate carpooling to the airport(s)
- Dance Lessons are now at the final price tier of $85
- Lessons & open dance schedule and other details can be found at www.dancewithjanet.com/ cruise2016
- Call Harlan at 630-334-4646 if you’d still like to attend. He may be able to secure a cabin for you, but it will be at the going rate (which are decent at this very moment for inside & obstructed ocean view cabins ONLY)
- Classes will not meet the week of the cruise (2/19 – 2/27), and my daughter Kat will teach for me at Cadillac Ranch while I’m gone
- The next DANCE WORKSHOP (aka Boot Camp) is scheduled for MARCH 13. I’ll be teaching line dances, and Gary will be teaching couples classes. Mark your calendars!
See you on the dance floor!