How easy is it for you to say, "I'm Grateful!" every day? When things go well? When events don't go the way we want them to? When life TANKS? I have this picture as my screensaver on my phone, so I see it multiple times a day (sometimes multiple times an HOUR) and yet I am still the first to say: It's a CHALLENGE to be and STAY grateful. The good news is, challenges make us better people, and hone our character.
My mom decided she wanted to move months ago. She sold her home within 10 days of listing it, and found another home days later, yet her closing date has changed at least 4 times. She finally moved out of her home and moved in with me to ease some of the pressure of the moving process, even though that means moving her twice. At least she doesn't have as much to coordinate in a short period of time. I've watched her struggle with being and staying grateful – but she has. She's proven to me that it's possible.
I wish I could say that I've never had a hard time with this issue, but I have. Life is not something we can control; we can only control ourselves and the way we respond to life's twists & turns. I've made it a bit of a game with myself when things go wrong; at the end of the day I congratulate myself for not losing my cool. Every day I can roll with the punches and not lose my temper, it's been a good day. My aim is to be grateful, and remain in control of myself. Talk about a challenge!!!
So here's where this can lead. Boot Camp will be offered in Warrenville again this Sunday. I've been getting a lot of requests for more difficult dances. Therefore, I'll teach Catch My Breath, Devil In Me, Ain't Misbehavin', & Chill Factor between 3 – 5:15 pm THIS SUNDAY 6/12 in Warrenville. $20 pays for your lessons, a pizza dinner, and admission to the evening dance from 6-9 pm. Does this make you feel grateful??
See you there, and tonight at the West Chicago VFW 6791!!!
- Every 1st & 3rd Tuesday we’ll dance at the Wheaton VFW Post 2164. The vets are offering hot dogs & chips for $2 as well as $8 pizzas
- EVERY FRIDAY we’ll have a floor for line dancing and a separate floor for couples at the West Chicago VFW 6791 If anyone would like to show up early to help take down tables, that would be much appreciated! Pizzas are available for $5.50 – $6.50
- Every 2nd & 4th Tuesday we’ll dance at the Elgin VFW Post 1307. Yes, this is the hall where DJ Dave hosts his dances
- Our next Warrenville Dances are SATURDAY, July 16th (7-10 pm, our only Saturday dance in Warrenville in July) & SUNDAY, July 10th & 24th (6-9 pm) at the Warrenville Community Building, 3S240 Warren Ave. Saturday’s dance will follow our new format of 4 – 5 lines/3 couples, based on who is in attendance. As previously stated, we are encouraging lines AND couples dancing at all the dances from now on. $5 cover includes 2 line dance lessons, at 7:30 & 8:30; you’re welcome to bring snacks. Dance alternating sets of Couples and Lines at Sunday Nite Country following the format of the former Sunday Stampede on the 12th (dance, dinner, & beverage for $10; dinner served from 5:30 – 7). Sunday’s dance on the 12th will be preceded by 2 hours of “BOOT CAMP” – couples lessons by Julie & Don and intermediate line dance lessons by Yours Truly. No outside beverages; please support the Park District by purchasing water or pop for $1 each
- Upcoming Performances are: Rotary Grove Fest in Downers Grove 6/25, Swedish Days Parade in Geneva 6/26, Warrenville Independence Day Parade 7/3, Wheaton Independence Day Parade 7/4, Turtle Splash Pool in West Chicago 7/9, Septemberfest Parade in Schaumburg 9/5, & Art On The Prairie in Warrenville 9/18 (see www.dancewithjanet.com/ calendar for exact locations & times)
- The Cadillac Ranch and Warrenville tabs on my website have been absorbed into our new best friend, the Upcoming Events tab. Videos & Step Sheets of dances I’ve taught at ALL dances (Tuesdays, Fridays, & Saturdays) are there. If you missed a dance and want to know what was taught, visit www.dancewithjanet.com/
calendar and go to the exact dance event. I list what I taught there.
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the THOUSANDS who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/
dancewithjanet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page, as well as the PHOTOS tab of my website
- Class Changes: Fermilab's class has been cancelled for 6/14; we'll make it up on 6/28. The St. Charles Fridayclass will dance this next Friday 6/17 on my deck. The Carol Stream Thursday Beginner 1 class on 6/23 has been cancelled; please make up the class at any other class I teach (preferably the Monday Beginner 1 class at5:30 in Wheaton). Warrenville's Tuesday Beginner 1 class will resume 6/28.
- AND…The 3rd Annual Dance With Janet CRUISE is preparing to sail! ALL fees paid are fully refundable until11/20/16. Secure the LOW rate that we have by choosing your cabin TODAY! Get the full scoop at www.dancewithjanet.com/
See you on the dance floor!