I have exciting news – I am a new mom again! This time (and all times forward, believe me!!) it’s a furbaby…meet Nugget, a 2 year old Siberian Husky from a puppy mill bust in Fon Du Lac, WI! Nugget was rescued from an unethical backyard breeder where he and the other 85 dogs rescued received no medical attention or affection or care. All the dogs were in horrid condition; one actually had TWO SPIDERS NESTS in his tail! That was a nightmare of its own. Nugget and Sophie (the second husky we’ll be adopting) had knee problems which required surgery to repair; Nugget only had one bad knee but Sophie needed surgery on both. She won’t be ready to come home to us for another 6 weeks. But Nugget has pretty much recovered and is HERE and he is a DOLL!!! I am THRILLED! It’s weird to have a youngster in the house again but I am up to the challenge! Feel free to stop by and meet him; I am available between classes!! :))))) Yay!
Also – a few more items of interest:
1) I will not be at the Salvation Army morning class this week on FRIDAY 9/21 (I’ll be at an all day seminar). Courtney will be running a practice class, so if you’d like to attend, there will be no new dances; it will be just a time to play the music and dance. NEXT Friday at that class (9/28), I’ll be teaching PONTOON (thanks, Marny!).
2) We still have room for you at the couples’ classes which started last week (Double Two in Wheaton on Monday & West Coast Swing in Warrenville on Tuesday). We have EXTRA MEN on Monday, so ladies, come on out; you’ll definitely have a partner! We have a great group of dancers on both evenings; we’ll get you caught up if you’d like to join the class this week.
3) Cadillac Ranch is re-introducing FAMILY DAYS on the first Sunday of each month from 3 – 5:30 pm, starting OCTOBER 7! I’ll be teaching EASY dances; this is a fantastic way to introduce kids to the world of dancing! Ages 8 and above are welcome with a parent; kids 14 and older do not need a parent present. A pizza buffet will be served; I believe the cover charge is $5/person.
4) Warrenville’s Art On The Prairie festival is this weekend, and on SATURDAY 9/22 is the Line Dance Demo! From 10:30 – 11:00 am easy line dances will be playing. I’ll provide the DJ with a CD; if you would like to attend and “strut your stuff”, please do! Dancing will be in the parking lot front of the gazebo, which is kitty corner from the Community Building where we dance on Saturdays. People will be everywhere and a DJ will be blaring music; I’m sure you’ll be able to find it. I will not be there as I will be finishing my seminar, but please go dance anyway! The goal of this is to show festival guests how much fun line dancing is and how easy it can be. So you will NOT be dancing Chill Factor…breathe easy! The dances will be, in this order:
- Electric Slide to Country Comes To Town by Toby Keith
- Mustang Sally to Mustang Sally by The Commitments
- Cupid Shuffle to Cupid Shuffle by Cupid
- Mamma Maria to Poker Face by Lady Gaga
- Boot Scootin’ Boogie to Boot Scootin’ Boogie by Brooks & Dunn
- Charleston Cowboy to Callin’ Baton Rouge by Garth Brooks
- Cut A Rug to Blown Away by Carrie Underwood
- I Love A Rainy Night to I Love A Rainy Night by Eddie Rabbitt
- Southside Shuffle (DC Stroll) to the 50’s medley song
5) Our Warrenville Dance Night is THIS SATURDAY 9/22 from 7 – 10 pm, mark your calendars! Bring munchies, bring kids, bring yourselves! Can’t wait!
6) Cadillac Ranch is hosting a WORKSHOP DAY on SUNDAY 11/11, from 3 – 6 pm. The Sunday Stampede follows immediately afterwards with an all-you-can-eat buffet. Look for flyers which will be appearing soon! I’ll be teaching 3 classes, on the hour, including Fake ID and Chill Factor and more! Two other classes will run concurrently with mine – couples lessons by Don & Julie, and beginner lines by DTLD.
Sorry to be so wordy, but there’s lots going on, as you have read. I’ll see you on the dance floor!!!