Lately it’s been a challenge to stay on top of all the changes in my dance world. We’ve lost Cadillac Ranch as our main dance hall and replaced it with various locations. We’re also adding more floor splits, so people of all levels have more opportunity to dance each time a song is played. New dances have been introduced, as well as different songs for older dances. Do you know them all? Are YOU caught up? If not, here’s your chance!
A new concept is being introduced thru the Warrenville Park District. Starting THIS SUNDAY, April 24, and continuing every 4th Sunday, TWO HOURS of lessons will be offered (which includes DINNER and admission to the 3-hour SUNDAY NITE COUNTRY dance which follows) for $20. I’ll teach 2 hours of line dances downstairs in the green room, while Julie & Don will teach 2 hours of couples lessons in the upstairs gym. We’re debuting this weekend at 3S240 Warren Avenue, from 3 – 5:15 pm. If you don’t feel you can commit to long term lessons, this will be JUST the thing for you! I’ll cover all the beginner level dances we’ll be performing this season, which happen to be some of the newer dances you’re seeing at dances I’m hosting. After spending two hours with me this Sunday, you’ll be able to dance 5 – 10 more line dances than before! These dances include:
- Jan Loves To Boogie
- Mamma Maria
- Watermelon Crawl
- Cowboy Up
- Shut Up & Dance
- Lindi Shuffle
- Cliche Baby
- Charleston Cowboy
- When I’m Dancing
The first six dances listed will be performed in parades. Therefore, I’ll also go over how that will work, so we will be practicing dancing them “straight” as well as “parade style”. Hope to see you there – as well as at the West Chicago VFW tonight! If anyone would like to show up early to help take down tables, that would be much appreciated!
- Every 1st & 3rd Tuesday we’ll dance at the Wheaton VFW Post 2164. The vets are offering hot dogs & chips for $2 in case we are hungry
- EVERY FRIDAY (except for 5/6, 5/13, & 5/20) we’ll have a floor for line dancing and a separate floor for couples at the West Chicago VFW 6791
- On Tuesday, April 26th, we’ll dance for the final time at the Lake In The Hills American Legion Post 1231
- Starting May 10th, and continuing every 2nd & 4th Tuesdays, we’ll dance at the Elgin American Legion Post 57 (NOT the VFW where DJ Dave holds his Sunday dances)
- Our next Warrenville Dances are SATURDAY, May 7th (7-10 pm) & SUNDAY, April 24th (6-9 pm) at the Warrenville Community Building, 3S240 Warren Ave. Saturday’s dance will follow our new format of 4 – 5 lines/3 couples, based on who is in attendance. As previously stated, we are encouraging lines AND couples dancing at all the dances from now on. $5 cover includes 2 line dance lessons, at 7:30 & 8:30; you’re welcome to bring snacks. Dance alternating sets of Couples and Lines at Sunday Nite Country following the format of the Stampede on the 10th ($5 admission; dinner served from 5:30 – 7 for an additional $5)
- The Cadillac Ranch and Warrenville tabs on my website have been absorbed into our new best friend, the Upcoming Events tab. Videos & Step Sheets of dances I’ve taught at ALL dances (Tuesdays, Fridays, & Saturdays) are there.
- Warrenville’s Saturday class has moved to Thursdays at 7 pm. Any unused punches on your punch card can be applied to the Thursday class, which my daughter Kat Warner will teach
- We’ll be performing AMERICAN POP Saturday, April 30th, at 1 pm at Hubble Middle School. Please wear your DWJ shirt and blue jeans; ICE CREAM (my treat!) follows, as usual. Call is 12 pm on the stage
- ***NEW!*** On APRIL 30th, we’ll be dancing from 7 – 10 pm at a SPECIAL venue: Fermilab’s Kuhn Barn! Stay tuned for more, and save the date!!!
- Friday’s St. Charles class on May 20th will meet at St. Mark’s Lutheran Church instead of the Salvation Army
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the THOUSANDS who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/
dancewithjanet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new!
- All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page
- AND…The 3rd Annual Dance With Janet CRUISE is preparing to sail! Check out all the exciting details & book your cabin at www.dancewithjanet.com/
See you on the dance floor!