Good morning *|FNAME|*!
Welcome to your Dose of Dancing; a diversion from the heavy news bombarding us from all sides. I’m glad I’ve continued dancing during covid; it’s kept me sane and at least somewhat focused. Although dancing together looks a lot different than it used to, I encourage you to keep it up, for the same reasons. And if you don’t know how to line dance, boy, have I got a DEAL FOR YOU!!
Sign up at www.dancewithjanet.com/join to receive 10 Days of Dances from the instructors on the Dance With Janetteam! Each day you’ll receive an email with a link to a video. It’s the perfect way to sample the style of different instructors – from home – and best of all, it’s FREE!! You’ll receive your first email this Wednesday, October 21st. Why not?
And then, let’s dance!!!
– BRIDGE Dance from 1:00 – 4:00 pm CST, Inside in Wheaton, $10 (limit of 20, bar on premises, pre-register at www.dancewithjanet.com/upcomingevents, address will be provided in emailed registration receipt)
– Beginner 1 VIRTUAL Line Dancing from 10:00 – 11:00 am CST thru Elgin Senior Center’s website, FREE (visit http://www.seniorservicesassoc.org, News & Events in the blue menu bar, Elgin Events, Events Calendar on the very bottom left, View Details under Line Dancing With Janet – you must register and the link will then be sent to you)
– Beginner 2 VIRTUAL Line Dance Class from 2:00 – 3:15 pm CST, $24/3 classes (Session 5, Class #3 of 3, FULL TEACHES of 3 Line Dances, Recording Provided)
- Rockin’ Robin by Peter Metelnick
- Follow Me by Todd Lescarbeau & Madge Andrews
- Cool Can Koozie by Lynn Card
– Intermediate VIRTUAL Line Dance Class from 7:00 – 8:30 pm CST, $8 (FULL TEACHES of 3 Line Dances, Recording Provided)
- Banjo by Lynn Card (full teach, danced twice)
- Catch My Breath by Mark Furnell (full teach, danced twice)
- Walking Away by Rachael McEnaney (full teach, danced twice)
– ALL CLASSES CANCELLED; I will be out of town
– Beginner 2 IN-PERSON Drop-In Driveway Dancing from 10:00 – 11:30 am CST in the parking lot of Faith Baptist Church, 27W010 Parkway Dr. (at County Farm), Winfield, $8
– Beginner 2 VIRTUAL Line Dancing from 2:00 – 3:00 pm CST, FREE (visit http://www.hanover-township.org, Departments, Life Enrichment, Virtual Program Opportunities)
– Beginner 2 IN-PERSON Line Dance Class from 5:30 – 6:45 pm CST (taught by Karen), Wheaton (private residence)
– Beginner 1IN-PERSON Line Dance Class from 6:30 – 7:45 pm CST (taught by Julie), Wheaton (register at www.wheatonparkdistrict.com)
– Beginner 1 IN-PERSON Line Dance Class from 7:00 – 8:15 pm CST (taught by Cathy), Bloomingdale (register at www.bloomingdaleparks.org)
– Intermediate VIRTUAL Review Class from 7:00 – 8:30 pm CST, $8 (Recording Provided)
- Blue Ain’t Your Color by Lisa McCammon
- Walking Away by Rachael McEnaney
- Latin Line by J.W. Grimes
- Obsessed by Roxanne Moates, Luke Watson & Stephen Watson
- Ex’s & Oh’s by Amy Glass
- Night Shift by Lynn Card
UPCOMING CHANGES to Janet’s teaching schedule:
- Tuesday morning Intermediate 2 moves to LOVV The Dance Studio (600 S. County Farm Rd., Second Floor, Wheaton) starting November 3 (10:00 – 11:30 am)
- Wednesday morning Beginner 2 moves to LOVV The Dance Studio (600 S. County Farm Rd., Second Floor, Wheaton) starting November 4 (10:30 – noon, NEW TIME)
- Tuesday evening Beginner 2 merges with Thursday evening B2 (address provided upon request; private residence) starting November 5 (7:15 – 8:30 pm)
- Couples in-person lessons are targeted to return in February (bring your own partner)
- Beginner 2 VIRTUAL Line Dancing with Janet & Courtney (Sessions 5 & 6, 7:00 – 8:30 pm will be Friday 11/6, $8 (pre-register at www.dancewithjanet.com/virtual)
- Our next Bridge Dance is Sunday 10/25 from 1:00 – 4:00 pm, $10 (pre-register at www.dancewithjanet.com/upcomingevents)
- Monday’s Virtual 7:00 pm class on 10/26 is CANCELLED as is Tuesday’s 2:00 & 6:00 pm class on 10/27
DWJ In-Person Mask Policy: Masks are optional. When we dance inside, it’s with limited attendance in a big space so we can be adequately spaced apart and comfortably line dance without masks. During classes in Park Districts, that rule applies also, but masks are required in common areas. Additionally, Bloomingdale & Wheaton Park Districts require masks the entire time we are in one of their facilities, even when we’re dancing.
As always, sign up for virtual lessons at www.dancewithjanet.com/virtualby 7 pm for Monday & Wednesday’s 7 pm classes. I continue to look forward to dancing with you!