Off I go…
Shortly after my birthday last year I decided I'd like to go on a short cruise to celebrate my 50th birthday, and combine it with a trip to see my Birthday Buddy, Uncle Al (who just turned 93). I asked the man I was seeing at the time if he'd like to come with me, and he turned me down flat. No matter! Why mope? I rolled with it and called up Cruisin' Bonnie, one of the people who urged me to host a dance cruise years ago, and thus was instrumental in the birth of the Dance With JanetCruise. When I asked Bonnie if she'd like to come with me, she immediately accepted; HOORAY!!! TODAY is the day we leave for a 10-day vacation to southern California, including a 4 night Carnival cruise to Catalina Island and the west coast of Mexico. I'm so excited!!
NEVER FEAR, the Dance With Janet Team has YOU covered!! Dancin' DJ Peg will be hosting our Saturday and Tuesdaydances, and DJ Jeff will run Sunday Nite Country, as usual. Cathie, Karen, & Pam will be teaching the Beginner 1 lessons at Saturday's BRIDGE dance, and Tuesday's dance will not feature any lessons; Peg will play your requests all night long!! You'll have a blast, and you probably won't even notice I'm gone!!
I'll miss you, but I'll be back for classes on Monday, October 30th. Please note the adjusted schedule for classes meeting 10/19 – 10/27:
- Elgin: WILL meet; Makis & Lucille will run class
- Hanover Park: WILL meet; Jane & Karen will run class
- Wyndemere, Wheaton, Warrenville & St. Charles Park Districts WILL NOT MEET
- Thursday's St. Charles Salvation Army class WILL MEET ON FRIDAY 10/20 & 10/27 at 10 am; Courtney will run class
- Attic: WILL meet; Courtney will run class
- Monarch Landing: WILL meet; Karen will run class
Have a FABULOUS week, everyone; I'll be in touch! With social media what it is now, we are always connected! Keep an eye on the Dance With Janet Facebook page; I'll be around!!
- Join us at the Downers Sand Club Bar & Grill THIS SATURDAY for a BRIDGE Dance with FIVE brand-new BEGINNER lessons from 7-8 (and open dancing from 8 -11 pm, $10/$7)! We’re also dancing alternating couples & lines to Classic Country SUNDAY at Warrenville’s SUNDAY NITE COUNTRY from 6 – 9 pm. This TUESDAY's dance will be at the West Chicago American Legion, as it's the 4th Tuesday of the month. Visit the Upcoming Events page for more details on DANCES!!
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the OVER 24,000 fans who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/dancewithj
anet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page, as well as the PHOTOS tab of my website
- I teach about 15 classes in person, per week; take your pick! Choose a level most comfortable for you (Beginner 1 or 2 or Intermediate 1 or 2) and a location near you at www.dancewithjanet.com/teac
- The 2019 Dance With Janet Cruise has been finalized and promises to be the BEST one yet! At only $80/night (including lodging, all-you-can-eat food, taxes & port charges, and visits to the A-B-C Islands), it can’t be beat in price OR destinations!! Catch all the details at www.dancewithjanet.com/crui
se2019; Harlan is accepting reservations already!
See you on the dance floor – you are loved!!