What a lovely day already. It doesn’t get much better than writing while enjoying the fresh sunshine, sipping cocoa-flavored tea in front of the fireplace (which is ON), gazing into the leaf-strewn yard, laptop in one hand and cell phone in the other. Ah, technology…and Fall. Which is here, in case you haven’t noticed. Funny how the seasons just change overnight – as did the cold I’m picking up along with Fall!
We had the most INCREDIBLE time at the Windy City Line Dance Mania convention this past weekend in Rosemont! About 30 of us danced all weekend; we were quite a presence in our purple shirts. A few people were there for the first time, and I was so entertained, as always, to watch the look of wonder on their faces. To be in the same room as the people who choreographed the dances we love – to dance next to them – to learn some of their newer compositions – and to even MEET them – was HEADY STUFF!!! As always, we were challenged and stretched by the sheer quantity of material presented, and exhausted after dancing 12 hours a day. It’s definitely an event where you need to pace yourself. The best thing about the weekend was, as always, our time as a group in our own room with dinner and dancing to the songs we dance to all the time. That, and the presence of Jamie Marshall!!!! Jamie got me started with the Cadillac Ranch Dance Team back in 2013 and choreographed our two numbers. What a KICK to have her in our hometown!! Thank you, Marcia Parrotte, for introducing ME to WCLDM all those years ago. Talk about a life changer! WOW!! Next year at the convention we’ll be celebrating my 50th birthday. Won’t you join us???
I’m moving for the third year in a row, at the same time of year – now. It’s back to reality after a weekend of dancing with my dearest friends…and I tell ya, this moving thing is a DRAG. It’s much easier to stay upbeat when I’m not thinking about what will go where in the new place and wondering how I’m going to get all this done. But life is full of ups and downs. One of my favorite sayings is this:
The waves of life go up & down, just like the waves in an ocean. What we have to do is learn to ride the waves
So whether you’re on a high, or life is kind of a drag right now, remember: Life is cyclical. It goes up and down. Just work on learning to ride it out.
Who are all those people in that picture:
L-R sitting: Dawn, Peggy, Basia, Janet, Bonnie, Diane (with Rosemary lying across our laps)
L-R standing: Jay, Liz, Pam, Jackie, Mary, Karen M., Cathie, Phyllis, Carol, Kelly, Sue J., Joe
L-R top: Dental Karen, Blonde Janet, Lorene, Courtney, Lisa, Leslie, Debbie, Sue S.
- THIS SATURDAY’s dance in Warrenville has been CANCELLED. Seems the Cubs are playing that night – let’s cheer them on!!
- West Chicago VFW dances are now once a month on the FOURTH Friday of the month. That’s OCTOBER 28th this month, the Friday after Thanksgiving next month, followed by December 23rd.
- Geneva American Legion dances are now mostly once a month, on the SECOND Friday of the month (I love their maple WOOD floor). We’ll dance there TOMORROW, as well as 11/11, 12/2, & 12/9
- I’ve added a new dance this month – a Halloween costume party at Cinnamon’s Dance Works in Algonquin (2025 E. Algonquin Rd. just west of Rt. 25)! Cinnamon’s second floor studio boasts TWO dance rooms. Partner dancing will be in one room, and I’ll be hosting the line dance room. Save the date of SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29th!
- We will no longer be dancing on Thursdays at the Wheaton VFW. Visit the Upcoming Events for a full list of dance venues
- The next Warrenville Line Dance Workshop is SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 13th, from 3 – 5:15
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the OVER 13,000 fans who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/dancewithj
anet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page, as well as the PHOTOS tab of my website
- CLASS CHANGES:
- A BRAND NEW BEGINNER DROP-IN CLASS continues 10/25 on the 2nd & 4th Tuesdays, preceding the Elgin dance. Class will run from 4:30 – 5:45 at the Izaak Walton Center, 899 Jay Street in Elgin ($7)
- I’ll be teaching a difficult intermediate line dance lesson BEFORE the dances on Tuesdays from now on for an extra $3. I’ll teach BETTER WHEN I’M DANCING at the Wheaton VFW on 10/18, and the next two Tuesdays after that will be MOVES LIKE JAGGER
- The Dance With Janet Cruise still has room for you! Royal Caribbean decided we could have another week or two to register after all. Visit www.dancewithjanet.com/
cruise2017 to take a look at the schedule and book your cabin! Whether you want to learn to dance, improve your dancing, or just vacation and not dance at all, this is the PERFECT trip for you!