It was recently pointed out to me that one never knows what kind of mood will be encountered when opening an email from me – which is an indisputable fact. Rest assured, the Melancholy Monster is not in residence today. On the contrary, I am in awe of the sheer delight I’ve seen in dancers this past week. Everyone seems on the edge of giddiness (some have happily toppled into the Giddy Abyss). What’s the deal; is it our excitement of spring’s arrival? Regardless of the reason, I can’t stop smiling about it. THANK YOU for spilling your sparkles onto me!! I remember thinking years ago, if I could share dancing with people, they’d see how much fun it is and love it as much as I do.
We’ll get to dance an EXTRA HOUR at Cadillac Ranch on Fridays now, starting TONIGHT! Doors open at 6, and I’ll start the first lesson at 6:30, with another at 7:30 and 8:30. The full Moretti’s menu is available, so start your evening off with dinner, and then dance with the DJ for four hours! DJ Dave will be there tonight & next week for sure. The band, Rockstar Rodeo, takes the stage at 10:30. Please note, this new schedule starts TODAY!!
- NEW DANCERS: FIELD TRIPS are THIS WEEKEND! Choose tonight at the Ranch or tomorrow in Warrenville
- We dance in Warrenville on Saturday 5/16 from 7-10 (I’ll be teaching Neon Light at7:30 & Sweet Sweet Smile at 8:30) and Sunday 5/17 from 6-9
- The next Saturday Warrenville dance is not until JULY 18th
- Our first performance is MEMORIAL DAY in the Itasca parade. I’ll treat to ice cream afterwards. See dancewithjanet.com/
calendar (scroll down for the performance calendar) for details
- Performance attire is Dance With Janet shirts and any shade of BLUE DENIM bottoms; your choice of shorts, capris, skirts, or pants/jeans. I suggest tennis shoes, as dancing in boots on concrete/asphalt/blacktop is difficult for most people, but whatever footwear you prefer is fine
WOOHOO, let the fun begin! I’ll see you on the dance floor!