Isn’t every morning exciting? Each day when I wake up, I think, What is today going to hold? I CAN’T WAIT to find out!!! But I didn’t always feel that way. I was in a troubled relationship, I was moving yet again, and I faced an unexpected surgery. Life’s not perfect now, but it sure seems close. What psyches up life for me nowadays, you wonder? Let me explain:
Heart disease runs in my family; I’m a marked woman. My father passed way from a sudden heart attack at age 65, as his father did before him at age 39. My brother had a heart attack at age 36. My uncle had a routine surgery recently and was one of the minuscule percentage who had complications; he almost died on the operating table. High blood pressure & heart disease are my family’s “Normal” setting. Even though I rarely get sick or visit doctors and am on no medications, when it was apparent that I needed a hysterectomy, I knew it was a distinct possibility that I would not survive it – routine or not. I was prepared; I said my goodbyes before the anesthesiologist arrived.
Imagine my surprise when I woke up on a table being wheeled to a recovery room! I remember being moved to a bed, and thinking, I made it! The surprises continued when I discovered the relationship I was in had ended while I was in surgery. Recovery definitely had its challenges. BUT – BUT – BUT!!! I was alive. I’d been given another chance to live! My physical issues had been resolved, and the wounds incurred during their resolution would heal – just like they would emotionally. I was all moved in and my environment was peaceful. I spent weeks resting and thinking…healing…and looking forward to a totally new future, with all the painful elements eliminated. Friends and family called, texted, emailed, and visited to reassure me that I wasn’t alone. I’ve since found another church home and solidified friendships, and made plans for where I am headed personally and through Dance With Janet – which are pretty close to one and the same. I’m spending the rest of my life doing what I love with those I love; life doesn’t get any more exciting than that!
And so I ask: What about YOU? If you are not right where you want to be in your life right now, what’s stopping you? Moreover, how about just saying to yourself, I am just going to MOVE in the direction I want to go, and deal with whatever is in my way as I blast through it!?! We only get one life to live, and it’s up to us to make it what we want it to be. Resources are out there for whatever you want, and you will find them when you look for them. As the saying goes: The teacher appears when the student is ready. Are you ready??
Let’s ALL get psyched up for life!!! Here, watch this video from SCROOGE to help you out!
See you on the dance floor tonight at the Geneva American Legion!!
- BOX SETS are still 25-30% OFF thru the end of January – pick one up at a class or dance, or via www.dancewithjanet.com/
- Visit the Upcoming Events page of my website for a full list of where to Dance With Janet. I host 3 dances per week, so you have plenty of opportunities!
- The “brain cramper” intermediate line dance lessons BEFORE the dances on Tuesday have resumed. I’ll be teaching ASKIN’ QUESTIONS 1/31, and LEVELS on 2/7 & 2/14.
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the OVER 17,000 fans who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/dancewithj
anet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page, as well as the PHOTOS tab of my website
- The BEGINNER DROP-IN CLASS at the Izaak Walton Center (899 Jay Street in Elgin, $7) has resumed and will meet on the 2nd & 4th Tuesdays of the month
- I teach 15 classes per week; we are in the middle of the current session. The next six-week session of classes begins the week of February 27th, after we return from the #dancewithjanetcruise. Choose your level and your location at www.dancewithjanet.com/
Have an OUTSTANDING day! You are loved!