This weekend kicks off our nation's longest, biggest five-day party, and while we all enjoy the time off of work to play hard, I wonder how many of us really pause to think of the "WHY" of it all. America is the land of the free, home of the brave, and yet much blood, sweat, and tears were shed to make it so. I admit I've been guilty of basking in the celebration glow, without appreciating the men and women who gave their lives so I can live, breathe, think, and worship how I want to, without fear of persecution. America, with all its problems (we are still people, after all), is still the BEST place on earth in which to live. I pray God will continue to bless the good ol' USA.
THANK YOU, EVERYONE, for our home! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY, America!
That said, I'd love to see you this weekend. I will be busy participating in some USA "birthday parties" in the Chicago suburbs, and would love for you to join me!
- Dance with Hillbilly Rockstarz in Barrington on Saturday evening, July 1st
- Perform in the Warrenville Independence Day Parade on Monday evening, July 3rd
- Perform in the Wheaton Independence Day Parade on Tuesday morning, July 4th
- Dance with Billy Croft & the Five Alarm in Carol Stream on Tuesday evening, July 4th
Schedule changes, due to the 4th of July holiday:
- NO CLASS in Elgin on Monday morning, July 3rd
- NO CLASSES in Wheaton on Monday evening, July 3rd
- NO OPEN DANCE OR INTERMEDIATE LESSON in Wheaton on Tuesday evening, July 4th
- NO CLASSES in Wheaton on Wednesday evening, July 5th
- FIELD TRIP out dancing at Saddle Up Saloon on Wednesday evening, July 5th
MORE DANCE DETAILS:
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the OVER 21,000 fans who have? Pop on over to
dancewithjanet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page, as well as the PHOTOS tab of my website
- “Brain Cramper” intermediate line dance lessons are offered BEFORE the dances on Tuesday for an extra $3. I’ll be teaching a blast from the past, CRAZY FOOT MAMBO, NEXT Tuesday, 7/11 (NO DANCE THISTUESDAY JULY 4th)
- Visit the Upcoming Events page of my website for a full list of where to Dance With Janet. I host up to 3 dances per week, so you have plenty of opportunities!
- I teach about 15 classes in person, per week; take your pick! Choose a level most comfortable for you (Beginner 1 or 2 or Intermediate 1 or 2) and a location near you at www.dancewithjanet.com/
- On the 4th Annual Dance With Janet Cruise, we’ll be joining local Chicago bands 7th HEAVEN, HILLBILLY ROCKSTARZ, & SEALED WITH A KISS on the Allure of the Seas from 1/21/18 – 1/28/18. Don't worry, Dancin' DJ Peg will still be there to spin Country PLUS tunes for us! Book your cabin through www.
chicagomusiccruise.com. You MUST list NTD Vacations, 847-774-8677,paulet firstname.lastname@example.org as your travel agent if you go through the Royal Caribbean website. Please select the 5:30 dining time, if it’s an option. All of us meeting together for dinner is crucial to feeling connected with the group. Save AUGUST 26th from 2 – 6 pm for our PRE-CRUISE Party, where we get to meet each other before we sail, and iron out the vacation details. FLIGHTS ARE NOW AVAILABLE…I booked mine!!
- My next INSTRUCTOR TRAINING CLASSES are scheduled to being Monday, July 10th (8 weeks of Mondayclasses from 8:30 – 10 pm) and July 15th (a two-day, 12 hour, live event). Visit www.dancewithjanet.com/
instructor for all the details
See you around town this weekend – you are loved!