It's another outstanding day! How wonderful that we have another day to live. Tomorrow we'll dance at the West Chicago VFW 6791, and guess what? On Saturday, FERMILAB is hosting our dance from 7 – 10 pm! For many years, various dances have been held in Kuhn Barn, and this weekend it's our turn. FERMILAB GOES COUNTRY, HOORAY!!
What a ride it's been locating roomy dance venues. I've been teaching Fermilab employees since September, and the barn in which we dance has such ambiance! I told them I'd love to host a dance there, and they made it a reality! To attend, you'll need to show your driver's license at the guardhouse and say you are there for the Dance With Janet dance in Kuhn Barn, as it is a secure government facility. $5 is the suggested admission donation, and restrooms are DOWNSTAIRS. Here's how to get there:
From Kirk Road:
Turn EAST onto Batavia Rd. (also PINE STREET; it's a stoplight). Count SIX stop signs (NOT three). The sixth stop sign will be Sauk Rd. (the bison will be on your left after you pass the tall building on your right, Wilson Hall, at the third stop sign). Turn LEFT (north) onto Sauk Rd. You'll see blue and orange ranch houses. The barn is GREY with a LIGHT BLUE SILO and will be visible from the intersection of Sauk & Batavia; it's on the northeast corner. PASS the barn and turn RIGHT at the first street, Che Che Pinqua, and park in one of the two lots there (one on either side of the street). Please DO NOT PARK IN THE FIRST LOT YOU PASS, to the south of the barn – that's reserved for the residents of Aspen East, the white farmhouse adjacent to the lot. Enter the barn from the ramp on the west side of the barn by the picnic tables.
From Rte. 59:
Turn WEST onto Batavia Rd. (it's a stoplight). Go through the residential area, and right across the train tracks is the entrance to Fermilab. Once you've passed the guardhouse, Sauk Rd. will be the FIRST stop sign. Turn RIGHT (north) onto Sauk Rd. You'll see blue and orange ranch houses. The barn is GREY with a LIGHT BLUE SILO and will be visible from the intersection of Sauk & Batavia; it's on the northeast corner. PASS the barn and turn RIGHT at the first street, Che Che Pinqua, and park in one of the two lots there (one on either side of the street). Please DO NOT PARK IN THE FIRST LOT YOU PASS, to the south of the barn – that's reserved for the residents of Aspen East, the white farmhouse adjacent to the lot. Enter the barn from the ramp on the west side of the barn by the picnic tables.
We are not allowed to bring alcohol, but may bring our own water and snacks. No concessions or beverages will be sold. Grab your boots and get ready to stomp your way to Heaven on a beautiful oak hardwood floor. I cannot wait to dance in this barn!! It is SIMPLY FABULOUS, and we're going to have a BALL!!!
ALSO – before the dance this Saturday, we’ll be performing AMERICAN POP at 1 pm at Hubble Middle School in Warrenville. Please wear your DWJ shirt and blue jeans; ICE CREAM (my treat!) follows, as usual. Call is 12 pm on the stage.
- Every 1st & 3rd Tuesday we’ll dance at the Wheaton VFW Post 2164. The vets are offering hot dogs & chips for $2 in case we are hungry
- EVERY FRIDAY (except for 5/6, 5/13, & 5/20) we’ll have a floor for line dancing and a separate floor for couples at the West Chicago VFW 6791 If anyone would like to show up early to help take down tables, that would be much appreciated!
- Dances have come to an end at the Lake In The Hills American Legion Post 1231
- Starting May 10th, and continuing every 2nd & 4th Tuesdays, we’ll dance at the Elgin American Legion Post 57 (NOT the VFW where DJ Dave holds his Sunday dances)
- Our next Warrenville Dances are SATURDAY, May 7th (7-10 pm) & SUNDAY, May 22nd (6-9 pm) at the Warrenville Community Building, 3S240 Warren Ave. Saturday’s dance will follow our new format of 4 – 5 lines/3 couples, based on who is in attendance. As previously stated, we are encouraging lines AND couples dancing at all the dances from now on. $5 cover includes 2 line dance lessons, at 7:30 & 8:30; you’re welcome to bring snacks. Dance alternating sets of Couples and Lines at Sunday Nite Country following the format of the former Sunday Stampede on the 10th (dance, dinner, & beverage for $10; dinner served from 5:30 – 7). No outside beverages; please support the Park District by purchasing water or pop for $1 each
- The Cadillac Ranch and Warrenville tabs on my website have been absorbed into our new best friend, the Upcoming Events tab. Videos & Step Sheets of dances I’ve taught at ALL dances (Tuesdays, Fridays, & Saturdays) are there
- Warrenville’s Saturday class has moved to Thursdays at 7 pm. Any unused punches on your punch card can be applied to the Thursday class, which my daughter Kat Warner will teach
- Friday’s St. Charles class on May 20th will meet at St. Mark’s Lutheran Church instead of the Salvation Army
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the THOUSANDS who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/
dancewithjanet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page
- AND…The 3rd Annual Dance With Janet CRUISE is preparing to sail! We are 1/4 full, and JULIE HEIN has just been added to our list of fantastic instructors! Check out all the exciting details & book your cabin at www.dancewithjanet.com/
See you on the dance floor !