I'm DELIGHTED to announce a new venue for the Dance With Janet Team: the Downers Sand Club Sports Bar & Grill! This blue restaurant will be host to our HOPPIN' Country PLUS Dance PartyTOMORROW NIGHT, from 7 – 11 pm! Our Bridge Dances have been FABULOUSLY successful at introducing GOBS of new dancers to line dancing, so we decided to host one at this incredible new location. The dance floor is a separate area from the restaurant, and it's a dancer's DREAM: it's HUGE, at 3400 sf, and it's WOOD!!
I've spent all of my energies teaching line dancing lately, but I started in the field of couples dancing – kind of backwards, I know. I still have a soft spot for couples dancers (and still offer couples lessons online and on DVD's; see dancewithjanet.com/
The floor is MARVELOUS, the food is YUMMY and reasonably priced (no outside food or beverages, please – bottled water is $2), and the lights provide a club's ambiance. Of course the staff is without equal. What's not to like? See what I mean about feeling like I'm on UPPERS when I think about DOWNERS?? Our schedule is: FIVE entry-level beginner line dance lessons from 7 – 8 pm, and couples and line dancing from 8 – 11 pm. Cost is $10 for lessons and the dance, or $7 for just the dance (DWJ cards ARE accepted). Pictures of the floor can be seen in the event on my Dance With Janet Facebook page. Take a nap and be prepared to dance your boots off!!
By the way…you may have heard that the Dance With Janet dancers will be performing at Daley Plaza two weeks from today. I'll be updating the list of dances and providing more info in the event on my DWJ FB page. Please keep an eye on it!
MORE DANCE DETAILS:
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the OVER 22,000 fans who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/dancewithj
anet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page, as well as the PHOTOS tab of my website
- “Brain Cramper” intermediate line dance lessons precede the Tuesday dance (6:30 – 7) for an extra $3. I’ll be teaching a new dance we've been working on in classes, HIGH CLASS, thisTuesday, 7/25, at the WEST CHICAGO AMERICAN LEGION. These lessons will be ON HIATUS for the month of August
- I teach about 15 classes in person, per week; take your pick! Choose a level most comfortable for you (Beginner 1 or 2 or Intermediate 1 or 2) and a location near you at www.dancewithjanet.com/teac
hingschedule. A new session of 6 week lessons begins next week, on Monday the 24th
- Are You MOVING? Would you like to take your line dancing hobby with you? I'll only be presenting my 12-hour course of how to develop a dance community TWICE MORE, IN-PERSON. The classes will be available only as a pre-recorded video series after this year. I'd love to work with you personally and coach you, so you don't lose all you've learned!! My next class begins Monday, September 11th (8 weeks of classes from 8:30 – 10 pm, in Wheaton) andNovember 11-12 (a two-day, 12 hour, live event, location TBD). I have limited seats available, so I can spend quality time with you! Visit www.dancewithjanet.com/
instructor for all the details
- On the 4th Annual Dance With Janet Cruise, we’ll be joining local Chicago bands 7th HEAVEN, HILLBILLY ROCKSTARZ, & SEALED WITH A KISS on the Allure of the Seas from 1/21/18 – 1/28/18. Don't worry, Dancin' DJ Peg will still be there to spin Country PLUS tunes for us! Book your cabin through www.chicagomusiccruise
.com. You MUST list NTD Vacations, 847-774-8677, paulet email@example.com as your travel agent if you go through the Royal Caribbean website. Please select the 5:30 dining time, if it’s an option. All of us meeting together for dinner is crucial to feeling connected with the group. FLIGHTS ARE NOW AVAILABLE…I booked mine!!
- Save AUGUST 26th from 2 – 6 pm for our PRE-CRUISE Party, where we get to meet each other before we sail, and iron out the vacation details
- Visit the Upcoming Events page of my website for a full list of where to Dance With Janet. I host up to 3 dances per week, so you have plenty of opportunities!
SEE YOU SATURDAY – you are loved!!