I'm blessed to live in America, the land of free enterprise, where opportunity abounds. I'm spending the weekend with my team at a business conference, and am being stretched as I am presented with new information. Yet the most important bites of knowledge I've learned are the ones I've seen in the boys' behavior. Yes, I'm talking about Maki and Nugget, my boys! Even though dogs don't speak English, they still communicate. I chuckle to myself whenever I reflect upon their wise advice:
- Always greet those you love with a smile
- Let go of frustrations and get on with life
- Take the time to bask in good weather and let the wind blow thru your hair
- Be optimistic; you never know who might drop you a morsel
- Play at every opportunity
- Ask for loving if you need some
- Sleep peacefully
- Accept what life gives you – AFTER you've tried your best to change what you don't like
- Play nicely with others
- Go after what you want
- Be yourself; let folks (and dogs!) know how you feel
- LOVE your people
- Consistently look AWAY from the camera when your mom is trying to take your picture
Aren't animals wonderful? They are comforting AND comfortable. I can't imagine life without them. If you are thinking about a pet, I urge you to consider adopting from a rescue group. Take a look around the internet; they exist for almost every breed of dog and type of animal. Pets truly complete our lives!
- TODAY's classes will be CANCELLED as I will still be at the conference. I'll see you again this Saturday (TOMORROW!!) at the Fermilab dance, and at Sunday Nite Country in Warrenville
- Visit the Upcoming Events page of my website for a full list of where to Dance With Janet. I host up to 3 dances per week, so you have plenty of opportunities!
- Friday's St. Charles class which meets at the Salvation Army will be MOVING TO THURSDAYS from 1-2:15, effective May 4th. The location is TBD; please check my website for an update
- NEW INSTRUCTORS: You'll be receiving an email from me by early next week with more info. Training is targeted to begin on Monday May 1st from 8:30 – 10 pm
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the ALMOST 20,000 fans who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/
dancewithjanet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page, as well as the PHOTOS tab of my website
- “Brain cramper” intermediate line dance lessons are offered BEFORE the dances on Tuesday for an extra $3. I’ll be teaching BLUE AIN'T YOUR COLOR on 4/25 at the West Chicago American Legion, and BLUE LIGHTS CHASING on 5/2 back at the Wheaton VFW
- I teach about 15 classes in person, per week; please join me! Choose a level most comfortable for you (Beginner 1 or 2 or Intermediate 1 or 2) and a location near you at www.dancewithjanet.com/ teachingschedule
- Next year for the 4th Annual Dance With Janet Cruise, we’ll be joining local Chicago bands 7TH HEAVEN, HILLBILLY ROCKSTARZ, & SEALED WITH A KISS on the Allure of the Seas from 1/21/18 – 1/28/18. Book your cabin through www.royalcaribbean.com , or www.chicagomusiccruise.com, or www.chicagomusiccruise. com/ book.html. You must list NTD Vacations, 847-774-8677, firstname.lastname@example.org as your travel agent if you go through the Royal Caribbean website. Please select the 5:30 dining time, if it’s an option. All of us meeting together for dinner is crucial to feeling connected with the group. Can't wait to vacation with you again!!
Make today STELLAR! You are loved!!