The Elgin American Legion venue has not worked out. We'll be replacing it with the ELGIN VFW 1307 (YES, the hall where DJ Dave hosts his dances) for the 2nd & 4th Tuesdays, starting MAY 31st. I've CANCELLED the dance for tonight as we will not be returning to the Elgin American Legion.
I'm hosting dances this Saturday and Sunday in Warrenville. Sunday's dance will be preceded by BOOT CAMP from 3 – 5:15 ($20 for two hours of lessons, dinner, and a three hour dance afterwards). I'll be teaching the parade dances that we'll be doing at the 5 parades this season, beginning with the Memorial Day parade in Itasca.
TOMORROW is a busy day in my world, as our first show kicks off at 11:30 – and I hear Diva the Dancing Dog will be making an appearance! See you in Carol Stream for the Just Play event, then at Culver's for ice cream, then Karen's for the post/pre-cruise party, and then a dance. Whew! All the details for these shows, and the parades, can be found at www.dancewithjanet.com/
- Every 1st & 3rd Tuesday we’ll dance at the Wheaton VFW Post 2164. The vets are offering hot dogs & chips for $2 in case we are hungry. We'll be there THIS TUESDAY May 24th
- EVERY FRIDAY (5/27 and following) we’ll have a floor for line dancing and a separate floor for couples at the West Chicago VFW 6791 If anyone would like to show up early to help take down tables, that would be much appreciated!
- Our dances have been CANCELLED at the Elgin American Legion Post 57 (NOT the VFW where DJ Dave holds his Sunday dances)
- We will NOT dance here on FRIDAY MAY 20th, nor TUESDAY MAY 24th
- Every 2nd & 4th Tuesday we'll dance at the Elgin VFW Post 1307, starting May 31st
- Our next Warrenville Dances are SATURDAY, May 21st (7-10 pm) & SUNDAY, May 22nd (6-9 pm) at the Warrenville Community Building, 3S240 Warren Ave. Saturday’s dance will follow our new format of 4 – 5 lines/3 couples, based on who is in attendance. As previously stated, we are encouraging lines AND couples dancing at all the dances from now on. $5 cover includes 2 line dance lessons, at 7:30 & 8:30; you’re welcome to bring snacks. Dance alternating sets of Couples and Lines at Sunday Nite Country following the format of the former Sunday Stampede on the 22nd (dance, dinner, & beverage for $10; dinner served from 5:30 – 7). Sunday’s dance on the 22nd will be preceded by 2 hours’ of “BOOT CAMP” – couples lessons by Julie & Don and line dance lessons by Yours Truly (I'll be reviewing performance & parade numbers in preparation for the MEMORIAL DAY PARADE in Itasca). No outside beverages; please support the Park District by purchasing water or pop for $1 each
- A “BRAND NEW BEGINNER DANCER” class is starting in Warrenville on Tuesdays from 1:15 – 2:30. For details, visit www.dancewithjanet.com/
- Mark your calendars for Saturday, MAY 21st! We’ll dance at the Just Play event in Carol Stream. For details, please visit www.dancewithjanet.com/ calendar and scroll down to the RED performance calendar. After the show, I invite you to join me for Culver’s ice cream (on Schmale Road in Carol Stream) – my treat!! After Culver’s, we’re heading over to Keith and Karen Moutvic’s home (1619 N. President St., Wheaton, IL 60187) till 6:30 pm for our POST/PRE CRUISE PARTY! We wrap with a dance in Warrenville from 7 – 10 pm (3S240 Warren Ave.)
- The Cadillac Ranch and Warrenville tabs on my website have been absorbed into our new best friend, the Upcoming Events tab. Videos & Step Sheets of dances I’ve taught at ALL dances (Tuesdays, Fridays, & Saturdays) are there. If you missed a dance and want to know what was taught, visit www.dancewithjanet.com/
calendar and go to the exact dance event. I list what I taught there.
- Warrenville’s THURSDAY class will resume MAY 19th. My daughter Kat Warner will teach
- Friday’s St. Charles class on May 27th has been CANCELLED
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the THOUSANDS who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/ dancewithjanet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page, as well as the PHOTOS tab of my website
- AND…The 3rd Annual Dance With Janet CRUISE is preparing to sail! Check out all the exciting details & book your cabin at www.dancewithjanet.com/ cruise2017
See you on the dance floor!